Software Support Specialist/Trainer International -- Multiple Locations Jordan, Kenya, Ethiopia
Abt Associates Inc.
The primary goal for this position will be the education of the user community with respect to purchased or developed office automation or data reporting tools for the express purpose of increasing the capabilities and efficiencies of Abt staff. Act as advanced application support for the user community in direct assistance to the IT Service Center.. Provide assistance to and support activities of Senior Software Support Specialist. This position will be a critical component in any and all development and deployment of IT services impacting the international end user community (e.g., this person will be involved in testing, documentation, and support when IT is rolling out a new application).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver end-user software training. Training courses will be delivered for all of the standard supported software applications at Abt Associates, specifically all of the Microsoft Office applications and the Office 365 service offering.
- Assist in developing standard software course offerings (including training course curriculum and documentation). Involved in the design and delivery of customized training programs, which will be tailored to enhance the use of software in a manner specific to a division of business, a project, or any specific business need. This development will include designing the course, its materials and content for each specific topic, and maintaining that course to keep pace with technological or procedural changes.
- Provide application support for the user community in direct assistance to the IT Service Center.
- Support new hire orientation activities.
- Involved in development and deployment of IT services to the user community (e.g., this person will be involved in testing, documentation, and support when IT is rolling out a new application).
- Track training schedule/registration. Assist with defining the quarterly training schedule.
- This position may require travel to the other Abt Associates offices for training purposes.
- All IT staff are periodically required to participate in testing of applications or technologies that are developed or deployed within the Information Technology Department. This testing may require offsite or off-hour work for which compensatory time will be provided.